Top 10 Things You Can Do To Celebrate
Recess at Work Day is a day to remind people of the value of taking an enjoyable break on the job in order to celebrate and/or become more productive and creative. A couple of things you could do to celebrate:
- Grab your staff and walk around the block.
- Create a mini golf putter course in the office.
- Hold a paper airplane flying contest.
- Create an impromptu awards ceremony and offer up awards for offbeat categories such as “Best Sense of Humor,” “Most Likely to OD on Caffeine.”
- Hold a 10-minute workplace recreation dance party.
- Since part of the goal of traditional recess was to get people moving, have someone lead the team in some stretching exercises.
- Set up an ice cream bar.
- Hold a game of Simon Says.
- Have a Silly String fight.
- Hold a hula hoop contest.
And perhaps most importantly, use the day to reflect on why adding more fun to your workplace can make a difference and plan simple things you and your team can do every day to re-energize.